Overview of Hostel
The Treehouse Hostel is a unique hostel located in Nicaraguan jungle, roughly 200m up the side of Mombacho Volcano. The hostel's intricate design is made up of treehouses popping out of the thick jungle terrain, a main bar/restaurant area, a canopy bridge that connects the main area to a hammock dec
Shuttle from Granada:
Free shuttle for overnight guests.
60 Cordoba return party shuttles from The Townhouse Hostel -
Calle La Libertad, 2 blocks west of central park, Granada, Nicaragua. The shuttle times out to The Treehouse are 12 Midday, 6pm, 8pm, 9pm, and 10pm.
Bus from Granada:
Take any bus leaving the Rivas chicken bus terminal (Rivas, Nandaime, Diriomo), ask the driver to drop you at Pozo de Oro, it will take 20 minutes and cost $C8.
Taxi from Granada:
Most drivers will know the way but be sure to check first. The trip should cost $C 150-200 during the day and a little extra at night.
Driving from Granada:
- Following the highway from Granada to Nandaime/ Rivas, keep your eyes on the kilometer markings on the right hand side of the road.
- At kilometer 56, slow down and look for a dirt driveway in front of a small Jehova church on the left.
- Follow the track for about approximately 200m until the road forks, bear left.
- Follow this track across the field, you'll see a small bamboo forest on your right.
- make a very sharp right turn at the end of the field. Look for the sign for 'Poste Rojo' (look above eye level on the tree).
- Follow this track right until the end, you'll see a big overhead ‘Poste Rojo’ sign.
- follow the road and weave through the forest for another minute or two before coming to our parking area. Park here and we'll see you at reception at the top! be prepared for a 200m hike!
Managua Airport shuttle:
$60 Direct to The Treehouse.
Please message us with full flight details to book you private shuttle (up to 4 person).
The Treehouse is located roughly 15 minutes drive outside of the colonial city of Granada, and a 200m hike up the side of Mombacho volcano in the jungle. At the foot of the volcano sits the village of Poste Rojo, here is where we take our guests on our walking tour that runs twice a week on Wednesdays and Fridays. We also offer tours to the nearby naturally heated springs Agras Agrias and the Laguna De Apoyo.
Conditions & Policy
Credit Cards Not Accepted
The Treehouse Terms & Conditions: Cancellation policy: 48 hours before arrival. Please note that your booking will be hold for 2 hours after your provided check in time and can be cancelled afterwards. Please contact us directly if you want to change your arrival time. Check in from 12:00 to 23:00. Check out before 11:00. If you have not checked out by 11am another night will be charged. Payment upon arrival by cash. Taxes included. Breakfast not included. General: Reception: 8am – 2.30am. No curfew. Pet friendly. The maximum period of stay is of 14 days. Age restriction: We do not have age restrictions for guests, however as we are a party hostel, children are to be accompanied by an adult at all times.