Youth Hostel Villa Marija Informations
Recommended by World's Best Hostel & Rick Steves - Villa Marija is best-loved, award-winning and top rated hostel, recognised for years as simply the hottest and most social spot to stay while in Hvar. Stay with us and have fun!
- 24 hour security
- Air conditioning
- Bicycle Hire
- Bicycle Parking
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Common Room
- Currency Exchange
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Hot showers
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meals Available
- Meeting Room
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Terrace
- Safe Deposit Box
- Swimming Pool
- Tea & Coffee Making Facil
- Tours/Travel desk
- Towels for Hire
- Washing Machine
- Age Restriction
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- No Curfew
- Taxes not included
01st January - 31st May at 14:00h ; 16:30h
01st June - 30th September at 11.30h ; 15.00h ; 17:00h
01st October - 31st December at 14:00h ; 16:30h
-Boat ticket price 50HRK.
-A detailed boat schedule can be seen on: www.jadrolinija.hr and www.krilo.hr
-Buy your boat ticket as soon as possible (buy them online in advance)
-Taxi from Stari Grad (15miles away from Hvar): 250HRK.
-Bus from Stari Grad to Hvar: 30HRK
From Hvar port:
1. When you get off catamaran speedboat at Hvar port, turn right (south) towards Franciscan monastery and follow the seafront (3minutes) until you reach a small beach(on your right hand side).
2.Take the steps (5-6 of them). Now, on your left is restaurant â€œDordota Vartalâ€.
3. Follow the way and keep going up the hill for 5minutes until your reach main crossroad (big triangle). On your right is scooter rental and house Villa Zorana
4.Continue straight (east) for 3minutes along the main street â€œDomovinskog rataâ€. Do not turn left or right until you reach small cross road divided by big tree. On your right, there is a small mark for gas station, on your left is red garage, and in the front of your is big tree.
5. Take the left road and go up with the stairs (just next to red garage).
6. Take the steps until you reach the top. This should take around 3-4minutes. You are almost here!
7. Once, when you reach the top, turn right. Keep going (2minutes). When you reach crossroad, do not turn left or right. Just keep going straight (east) for 100meters.
8. Hostel is located on your left.
Are you lost? Call us and we'll try to extra help you with directions.
From Stari Grad or Jelsa port:
1. Take the bus from Stari Grad to Hvar bus station. The bus should be waiting in the front of the ferry. Bus ticket price around 30HRK
From bus station in Hvar:
1. When you get off the bus, go towards main square. (3minutes)
2. Continue straight to Hvar port and afterwards just as stated before (check above)
Informations about Youth Hostel Villa Marija
Recommended by World's Best Hostel & Rick Steves - Villa Marija is best-loved, award-winning and top rated hostel in Hvar, recognised for years as simply the hottest and most social spot to stay.
Hostel is located on a hill, within 15minutes walking distance from the historical centre of Hvar town, giving hostel guests excellent access to all major attractions and hot spots of the city. The best pebble beach in Hvar is 400 meters away.
Villa Marija Hostel features a luxurious and stylishly decorated sea view outdoor terrace with swimming pool and cocktail bar, providing the perfect place to meet like-minded international travellers.
To meet all travellers needs, our hostel offers a huge variety of facilities and fancy stuff including music&reading lounge, big fully equipped kitchen, outdoor showers with plenty of hot water, chill out area with comfy beanbags and exotic sofas to relax on.
To catch-up with friends and family or to plan your next trip, Villa Marija has high-speed free wireless internet available in all guest rooms and throughout the entire hostel. In addition, there is a brand new fast-food restaurant open daily where we also serve all-you-can-eat breakfast for an additional charge.
Book your boats, scooters, day trips or any activity at our reception. 24hours available local staff will ensure you have the best possible stay on this party island. To help you get around, we've got a book exchange, free maps and advice and free access to guide books from all around the world. There's also free luggage storage.
Choose between air-conditioned high-standard dorms with en-suite bathrooms or modern bright colourful private room with balcony overlooking the sea.
Each dorm has pin protected entrance and safety individual locker - these are free of charge to use.
To make you feel completely safe, our hostel is equipped with security cameras, night security guard and wristband policy which all the guest must be wearing during the stay in our hostel.
Traveling alone or in a group, you will have plenty of chances to socialise during our action-packed activities, such as: Happy hours, Pub crawls, daily events and music festivals (Ultra Music, For Hvarâ€¦).
We also have a strict rule that after 10:30PM is quiet time (required by Croatian Law) even though most guest are warming up for the party at that hour. So in order to continue the fun, Villa Marija Hostel organise nights out where everybody is welcome to join us for some free shots at the famous Kiva Bar.
- AGE LIMIT: You must be under 45 years old
- Quiet hours: 10:30PM - 07:00AM. During the quiet hours, all common rooms are closed and any activities are prohibited. Be aware that this policy will be strictly enforced.
- Payment is on arrival: Cash only (Euro or Kuna). Credit cards are not accepted.
- If you would like to cancel your booking, let us know by e-mail at least 72 hours before your arrival. After this, 1st night will be charged.