- Board games
- Breakfast Not Included
- Common Room
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meals available
- Reading Light
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels Included
- Washing machine
York Rail Station and National Express Bus Station - 10 mins walk.
Head left out of the station on to Station Road towards the City centre, continue over the River Ouse via Lendal Bridge and down Museum Street. Take second right onto Blake Street; first left onto Stonegate, and first right onto Little Stonegate. The Fort is next door to Kennedy's Bar.
Please check-in at Kennedy's Bar.
YOU HAVE ARRIVED..............SLEEP WELL !
Lots of pubs and restaurants
Terms and Conditions
1. Rooms are available at 2pm on the day of arrival; however you are welcome to drop off any luggage in the morning.
2. You do not have to be a member of any organisation to stay at Safestay however we do require that some form of valid photo identification upon check in, preferably a valid passport, or driving license. Student cards are not accepted as valid ID.
3. Departing guests must remove all their belongings from their room, and check out, before 10am. After this time guests may make use of the luggage storage facilities but all possessions must be removed from the room and the room key card handed back to reception. Late check-outs will incur a charge of an additional night.
4. Upon check each guests will receive a room key card for access to their room. These key cards are activated for the period of stay only and must be handed back to reception on check out. Failure to return the key card will result in a charge of £5.00 GBP per card.
AGE RESTRICTION & ROOM ALLOCATION
1. Bookings cannot be accepted from any person the age of 16 years and under, unless they are accompanied by an adult (over 18) who is staying in the same dorm/room.
2. Families with children aged 16yrs and under are welcome, however they must book and pay for all beds in order to make the room private (i.e. in the case of 4 bedded dorms or larger). Alternatively we have 2 Bedded and 3 Bedded Private rooms available, subject to availability.
3. At Safestay we take great care to allocate beds in a way we think will be best for each customers booking. Please note that when making your booking online, there may be occasions when it might not be possible to allocate all guests in the same room. Please contact us by phone on +(44) 207 703 8000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the booking reference and we will be able to inform you if this is the case. Please contact us if you would like to guarantee a bottom bunk, which we are happy to provide, subject to availability
1. Online bookings are charged a 10% deposit that is non-refundable as this is taken by the booking engine and not Safestay.
2. All other bookings (i.e. telephone, email, fax or walk-ins), we will require valid credit card details when making your reservation. This will guarantee your booking.
3. The balance owing will be due in full upon arrival, either by debit/credit card or cash
4. If your booking is being paid for with a third party credit card we will require written authorisation to be provided by the card-holder.
5. We offer no credit facilities. All payments must be paid in full upon arrival.
6. We do not accept cheques, Laser Cards or American Express
7. We cannot take Electron or Solo cards via email, fax or telephone, however you can swipe these cards at check-in
8. If any payment under these terms and conditions are not met, then without prejudice to our other rights and remedies we may cancel your booking; and/or we may suspend the supply and/or deliveries of any other services provided to you by us. We will however inform you in writing prior to any such action.
AMENDMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
1. We have a 24 hours cancellation policy. All notifications to cancel must be made by 2pm, 24 hours prior to arrival. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay, and all subsequent night, if any, will be cancelled.
2. Any amendments to your bookings must be made at least 24hrs prior to arrival. We will try and accommodate your amendments subject to availability.
3. Refunds will only be given for any subsequent nights if payment has already been made and the above terms and conditions met.
4. Cancellations are required to be in writing, either in the form of a letter, fax or email. No cancellation can be made by telephone.
5. Early departures are not eligible for refund under any circumstances.
6. In the case of a late departure (after 10am), Safestay reserves the right to charge for a further nights stay at the appropriate rack rate of the bed(s).
1. The comfort, safety and security of our guests is of paramount importance. Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our staff, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, staff or local residents will be requested to leave the hostel premises and will not be offered a refund.
2. Guests are expected to respect other guests, staff, local residents and property.
3. We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to the hostels property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address. We will however make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
4. We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that the item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
5. Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the Safestay premises. Any guest found smoking within the building will be charged a fee of 250.00 in order to cover the extensive cost of restoring the room to a smoke-free condition.
6. Further failure to comply will result in the guest(s) being asked to leave the premises immediately and will not be offered a refund. A smoking area and ashtrays are provided in our garden and outside the building.
1. Guests are asked to use the secure lockers provided in each room, the safety deposit boxes at reception or the luggage store.
2. It is the guest's responsibility to ensure that their personal belongings are secure at all times.
3. Safestay accepts no liability for the loss, theft or damage to property however sustained or caused.
4. Guests will be expected to reimburse Safestay for any damages caused by inappropriate behaviour during their stay at any of the Safestay's.
Safestay shall only store and use information you supply to us or which is supplied to us for the purposes of carrying out our contract with you and to inform you of other services and offers which we make available from time to time. If you do not wish to receive such information please let us know by emailing us at: email@example.com or by writing to us at Safestay, John Smith House, London, SE17 1JL.
OVERSIGHTS & ERRORS
Any oversights or errors in sales literature, web pages or site, order form, quotation, price list, order acknowledgement, despatch note, invoice or other document issued by us may be corrected by us without liability. We will advise you of any changes at the time of booking or as soon as is reasonably possible thereafter.
All bookings are subject to availability and Safestay reserves the right to decline any booking at its discretion
Safestay has a maximum stay policy of 1 month. You are welcome to come back to Safestay, but with a minimum 1 months rest period. Or why don’t you take advantage and visit one of our other locations in London, York or Edinburgh.
Informations about The Fort Boutique Hostel
***Voted Top 10 Hostel in the UK - Visit Britain***
********Top 10 Hostel 2012 - HostelWorld*******
The Fort Boutique Hostel is the most central, hip and exiting place to stay in York!
The Fort is conveniently located in the heart of the historic City of York, one of the most visited cities in Europe.
No transport required!
Step outside The Fort into an area not only steeped in history, but surrounded by lively stylish cafes, bars and restaurants.
Comfortable, funky accommodation with flat screen TV's and Wi-Fi.
Complimentary hot drinks available.
Feeling hungry? The Fort is situated above Kennedy's Bar and Restaurant, a popular, independently owned venue.
So, relax, order a drink and enjoy this vibrant, unique spot, smack bang in the heart of York.
Discounts are offered for the Fort residents and food is served from 8.30am till 9pm daily.
3 x 8 bedded dorms (not ensuite) with access to 4 superb wet-rooms.
1 x 6 bedded dorm ensuite.
1 x double ensuite.
3 x rooms which can be set as twins or doubles, ensuite.
There is a communal area, with kitchen, TV area etc.
All of these rooms are themed, like on the website.
Floor 1: 1 x 6 bed dorm with lounge area, a fully fitted kitchen, shower and toilet.
Floor 2: 1 x 6 bed dorm and 1 x double/twin room. These rooms share a toilet, shower and a fully fitted kitchen.
Floor 3: 1 x 8 bed dorm which is split into 2 rooms with 4 beds in each, this also has a bathroom and a fully fitted kitchen.
Rooms can be rented out individually or as part of a group booking. Please contact the hostel direct for group bookings. We will not accept group bookings via the internet.
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi
- Flat Screen TV's
- Housekeeping Service
- Towels, Linen and Duvets included
- Free Coffee, Tea and Hot Chocolate
- Breakfast and evening meals available
- Free Luggage storage
- Credit Cards Accepted
Please note that we do not accept group bookings via Hostelworld, please contact us direct.
We have a 48 hour cancellation policy.