***BEST location in Galway***
***FREE tour booking***
“This was probably the best hostel I stayed during my whole trip throught the UK and ireland. Friendliest staff ever, cozy rooms, great facilities, very central location and not expensive at all. I'd reccomend this for anyone going to Galway. Barnacles is amazing!!! :D”
“All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful in every way possible! Would definitely recommend for anybody to stay here.”
“What a fantastic hostel! Defs recommend to anyone travelling through lovely Galway. The staff are amazing and helpful, the Australian receptionist was a real gem. Top notch.”
“The location of the hostel is fantastic and the staff was really nice and helpful! We met some really fun people in the hostel's common area. It was clean and safe.”
Stay with us and you will understand why Barnacles Hostel is the perfect place for the modern traveller.
1. Perfect Location
• You will be based in the heart of Galway on the pedestrian street Quay Street
• You will be a minutes' walk from everywhere - cafes, pubs, transport, internet cafes, banks and heaps more including tourist attractions like Eyre Square, Spanish Arch, Lynch's Castle
• Loads of festivals and events are right on our doorstep – so book early!
2. Heaps of Fun
• Our staff are young, helpful and friendly, as well as knowledgeable on what's on and what to do in and around Galway… just ask!
• Chill out areas with Nintento Wii, board games, TV, or even musicians playing means it is easy to meet other travellers and make friends
• Regular in-house events and location in the heart of Galway’s nightlife with no curfew means that there is no end to fun!
3. Comforts of Home
• Every room comes with an ensuite bathroom and hot shower. Our comfy mattresses will ensure you have a good rest
• We can make your stay easier, from having the basics for hire - like hair dryers, adaptors and alarm clocks - to doing your laundry and cooking you dinner
• Large self-catering kitchen means you can cook up a storm before exploring Galway’s night life. And yes, we do have a recipe book handy, just in case you need some inspiration ?
4. Sparkling Clean
• We are committed to being the cleanest hostel in Galway
• Our housekeeping team are permanent and professional staff who care about what they do
• You will find all dorms and bathrooms are cleaned daily and your bed will wait for you with fresh linen when you check in
5. Safe and Secure
• Reception is staffed 24 hours per day - there is always someone on hand
• If you need access to our secure room, it is accessible 24 hours a day. Available for luggage and your valuables. Safety deposit boxes are also available
• All rooms have electronic security card access keys
6. Very Convenient
• You will find all the facilities you need - free light breakfast, free internet access and WIFI, a fully equipped kitchen, laundry service, tour ticket desk, and more
• It is less than a minute walk to the supermarkets, convenience stores, banks and the post office
• Parking (discounted rate) only 2 minutes’ walk away and the train and bus station are only 5 minutes’ walk away
Heading to Dublin as well? Barnacles Hostel Temple Bar can be your next stop!
Min rate: 0.000
Max rate: 0.000
14986 Hostels in Galway (Ireland)
starting from €
Our team is your service to help you with your booking issues or answer any related questions